Thursday, December 3, 2015

Kody McNeil pop art

My strongest aspect of this project is how my picture is really popping from the background. I think the contrasts of colors really lifts the pop art off the page and gives him a lot of  life like he's actually alive. I think that i could of picked a lighter picture than such a shadowy picture, i think that it would of been easier to pop off the page. Something like a transparent image or picture of a face.
     The only thing that was easy about this project was making it look natural i don't think i had much trouble doing it. For example the colors look pretty well put together. I had trouble finding two colors that would fit together but after i found two i just had to manipulate figure out where to put them .
    The objective of this project was to make an ordinary portrait into a pop art inspired piece using the pen tool. clipping paths,and fill layers. I think my project  looks very natural and exactly how it would look if you were to put some type of filter on it. If I could do this project over again i would defiantly pick a easier picture  to do, once again there wasn't a lot of defying features in this  picture.

1 comment:

  1. Three red shapes works well. The red and blue give the feeling of patriotism but the orange and cream color throw it off. Moving forward, think about the symbolism of colors or the feelings they convey and that may help you with choosing colors.

    ReplyDelete